Hi Dara,

Are you intending to keep all your interviews on the digital recorder or are
you going to transfer them to your computer (I assume the latter)?

Olympus DM-1 is a pretty good choice:

http://cf.olympus-europa.com/consumer/voice/intro.cfm?id=DM-1

You can record up to 22 hours between downloads ­ downloading is a cinch and
you can index it afterwards by importing it into something like AnnoTape

http://www.annotape.com/

If you need hold more than 22 hours, I suggest a mini disc and a bunch of
discs!

Cheers,

Chris