OK, I don't want to go off on a tangent, as I know this kind of discussion
is not what the listserv is for, but I feel compelled to respond to the
statement that "Huffily insisting that people upgrade their software is on
the edge of being impolite."
Saying "Perhaps you should upgrade your Netscape version" is neither huffy
nor insisting.  It sounds like a suggestion to me.

Holly Barnes

> >Rick Parkany wrote:
> >
> >> Elena:  can you please send this posting in plain text vs. HTML? the
> >> proprietary MS code pervents my Netscape mailer from reading your
> >> message. It came through all garbled w/?html code snippets interlaced
> >> into the message...     ;-} rap.
> >

> >seems to be a configuration problem on your side, rick. I use NS 6.21
> >and had no problems reading the post. Perhaps you should upgrade your
> >Netscape version.
> >
> >Harald
>
>I disagree Harald. The generally accepted etiquette for sending messages to
>mailing lists (such as this one) is text only, no HTML tags. People all
>over the world read these messages and use a wide variety of different
>email software. Using text only assures that everyone can read the message.
>Huffily insisting that people upgrade their software is on the edge of
>being impolite.
>
>Elliot
>

>Elliot Richmond
>PhD candidate in science education
>UT Austin
>http://www.geocities.com/Athens/4758

Holly E. Barnes, M.A.
Research Associate
Domestic Violence and Mental Health Policy Initiative.
1900 W. Polk St. #924
Chicago, IL  60612
ph (312) 633-3223
fax (312) 633-3668