At 02:11 PM 7/12/02 +0200, you wrote:
>Rick Parkany wrote:
>
>> Elena:  can you please send this posting in plain text vs. HTML? the
>> proprietary MS code pervents my Netscape mailer from reading your
>> message. It came through all garbled w/?html code snippets interlaced
>> into the message...     ;-} rap.
>

>seems to be a configuration problem on your side, rick. I use NS 6.21
>and had no problems reading the post. Perhaps you should upgrade your
>Netscape version.
>
>Harald

I disagree Harald. The generally accepted etiquette for sending messages to
mailing lists (such as this one) is text only, no HTML tags. People all
over the world read these messages and use a wide variety of different
email software. Using text only assures that everyone can read the message.
Huffily insisting that people upgrade their software is on the edge of
being impolite.

Elliot

Elliot Richmond
PhD candidate in science education