With regard to the date, I'm guessing that 28 March is too close to Holy
Week; the feast would often have to be transferred. 17 April would put it
beyond Easter most years. Why then to July 16th? not a clue: unless there
was some competition with the Carmelites, who probably had the Feast of OL
of Mt. Carmel on that date by the 1680s.
jw

to: [log in to unmask]
to: [log in to unmask]