My understanding is that in 1552 the "42 Articles" were published under
Edward VI, which formed the basis for the 39 articles adopted in 1570. The
only significant issue of clarification here is that the formulation of 1570
did represent a final settlement of doctrinal issues, worked out in hard
bargaining between Elizabeth and the various factions at court and in the
country.
jw

to: [log in to unmask]
to: [log in to unmask]