Just for the record, I was not intending to cast doubt on Pio's authenticity and am personally not in the least a skeptic, and certainly not anti-Vatican.

I was merely interested in an aspect of the case that I had heard mentioned in the past during Pio's period of consideration, but which had not been adressed in any of the articles I have read in the past few weeks in the international press.

I am sorry if intellectual and personal curiosity has been misread as slander against the Church, which Dennis Martin seems slightly (and fairly) worried about - in the interests of brevity, since this was only a passing query, I might have unhappily phrased my post.

Sorry, and hope no offence has been taken,

Rebecca.