Just to clarify Gordon's posting..

An 'Order of communion' was produced in 1548,
containing an addition to the (still) Latin mass. This
addition, in English, consisted of an exhortation to
the congregation to go to communion and a form for the
distribution of it.

This same order was used in the 1st Book of Common
Prayer, produced in 1549.

The next revision was in 1552, which removed some of
the more 'high church' aspects of the 1549 edition.

The current edition is that of 1662, although attempts
to produce official revisions were scuppered in 1689
and 1928, and unofficial, private, recensions are
numerous.

Cheers

Rob