I wonder if anyone can help.

I'm trying to find some speakers on Children in History for
an LPSS conference next Easter.

However, I'm keen to move away from traditional images of
exploited child labour to one stressing the good points about
children employment. e.g. the 13 year old who escapes from
being abused by her step father by finding employment with
the local squire.

Something critical on the legal concept of childhood would
also be useful.

As would something on the development of teenagehood.

David

---------------------------------
David Alan Gatley (Dr),
School of Humanities and Social Sciences,
Staffordshire University,
Stoke-on-Trent,
ST4 2XW

Telephone 01782-294780 (Office)
          01782-415340 (Home)
Fax       01782-294760

http://www.staffs.ac.uk/sociology
http://www.staffs.ac.uk/census
Please note: The views expressed in this message are those of its
author, and not necessarily those of Staffordshire University.