Hello lis-pub-libbers,

Whether you have already registered as a delegate for this year's IFLA conference or are still thinking about, you will be faced with the choice of over 200 different meetings to attend. This year as a new feature, the UK organising committee are providing you with a guided "pathway" to follow for the week and is attached below.

There is still time to register for the conference in August and you can do this as a I Day, 2 Day, all week or flying visitor (28 hours) delegate. More choices! But for guidance look on the web site www.ifla.org.

I am the current UK representative on the IFLA Public Libraries Standing Committee and will be pleased to meet up with anyone during the conference to listen to your feedback on the week or advise on anything to do with the week. Just drop me an e-mail or leave a message for me on the noticeboard at the conference. You will be very welcome to attend the Public Library Standing Committee meetings on Saturday 17 August and Friday 23 August as an observer if you want to see what goes on behind the scenes of the organisation and I have also attached a document of our strategic objectives for 2002 - 03 for your information.

I have to provide a country overview of the big issues for public libraries in the UK over the last year at the Committee meeting so I will be pleased to receive a straw poll of your views on what have been the main issues for you before the end of July.

I hope to here from you or meet you in Glasgow in August.

<<IFLA 2002 - Public Library Route.doc>> <<IFLA Section of Public Libraries 2002-3 Spring 2002 BS revisions.doc>>

John Lake
Librarian
Barbican Library
Silk Street
London
UK
EC2Y 8DS
Tel: + 44 (0) 207 382 7098
Fax + 44 (0) 207 638 2249
email: [log in to unmask]

THIS E-MAIL AND ANY ATTACHED FILES ARE CONFIDENTIAL AND MAY BE LEGALLY PRIVILEGED. If you are not the addressee, any disclosure, reproduction, copying, distribution or other dissemination or use of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this transmission in error please notify the sender immediately and then delete this e-mail.

Opinions, advice or facts included in this message are given without any warranties or intention to enter into a contractual relationship with the Corporation of London unless specifically indicated otherwise by agreement, letter or facsimile signed by an authorised signatory of the Corporation.

Any part of this e-mail which is purely personal in nature is not authorised by the Corporation of London. All e-mail through the Corporation's gateway is potentially the subject of monitoring.

All liability for errors and viruses is excluded.