'intention' is not a good test for finding out if any action results in discrimination.  Ignorance is only a plea for mitigation.

Who is "Anyone"?  How can you know what any person can think?

A disabled person is not less than a person, nor a less skilled person.  "Disability" is created from the outside and not the self, other than that internalised.

> on the subject.  Stupid or dumb fitted better, both are value-laden I
> appreciate that but what would you have my use?

While the term "stupid" represents an opinion e.g. "George W. Bush is stupid to think intelligent people trust him" or "people with learning difficulties are NOT stupid"

The term "dumb" is a historic word to describe someone without speech, it is not a choice.  It's negative use represents a negative attitude to people without speech.

Do invest in a good dictionary.  One NASA space ship project collapsed because someone thought inches equalled centimetres.  Definitions that we all can understand are essential for our movement to progress.

Keith

--
 Have you been to: