Just a quick thought, have a look at:

Barton, L. & Armstrong, F. (2001).  Disability, education and inclusion: cross-cultural issues and dilemmas.  In G.
Albrecht, K. Seelman and M. Bury, Handbook of Disability Studies, pp. 693-710.  Sage Publications: Thousand Oaks, CA.

&

Ingstad, B. (2001).  Disability in the developing world.  In G. Albrecht, K. Seelman and M. Bury, Handbook of Disability
Studies, pp. 772-792.  Sage Publications: Thousand Oaks, CA.

Regards,

Keith.

Keith R. McVilly
B.A.., Grad. Dip. Psych., M. Psych. (Clinical)
MAPS & Member of the APS College of Clinical Psychologists

University of Sydney, Faculty of Medicine
Centre for Developmental Disability Studies
PO Box 6            RYDE                     1680
New South Wales
Australia

Tel.       61-(0)2 - 8878 0500
Fac.      61-(0)2 - 9807 7053
Mob.    61-0419 590 857
E-mail   [log in to unmask]

Peter Bailey wrote:

> Dear all
> I have to write a short piece on how different cultures and societies view disabled people around the world. That is:
>
>   a.. Africa
>   b.. The Americas
>   c.. Arab States
>   d.. Asia
>   e.. Europe.
>
>   Not much left is there?
>
> Is there something out there that would get me started?
>
> Thanks
>
> Best wishes
> Peter Bailey
> 01372 275147 (T&F)
> 07803 182656 (M)
> 70 Chaffers Mead
> Ashtead
> Surrey KT21 1NH

> Archives and tools for the Disability-Research Discussion List
> are now located at:
>
> www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/disability-research.html
>
> You can JOIN or LEAVE the list from this web page.

are now located at: