people do not have disabilities (it is not a pathological thing); we are
'disabled' by society, thus we are disabled people - what we share is
not a pathological feature rather we share an experience of constructed
social processes that exclude, discriminate and abuse (segregate etc.).

such is life

On Wednesday, July 17, 2002, at 04:39 , Mary Ennis wrote:

> Hi Mark,
>
> Here in Canada, the consumer movement has worked long and hard to
> change the
> language, to put the individual first and foremost instead of
> following a
> label. I'm really curious as to the reasoning behind your request for a
> name
> change to the European Year?
>
> Mary

Dr Paul Darke           [log in to unmask]

Outside Centre Limited
112 Clark Road
Compton
Wolverhampton