Date sent:              Thu, 25 Jul 2002 16:14:16 +0100
Send reply to:          Mark Priestley <[log in to unmask]>
From:                   Mark Priestley <[log in to unmask]>
Subject:                housekeeping
To:                     [log in to unmask]

Hi

Just to underline Michael's posting, the list should not be used for
personal flames. That is simply a common courtesy. The purpose of the list
is to foster debate, exchange and greater understanding within our diverse
international community. Although it is also fair to note, as list owner,
that the original remit (noted in the list description to new members) was
to target those 'working within a social model of disability'. Make of that
what you will - there is no party line on what that means as far as I know.

As chairman Mao finally got round to saying:

'Let a hundred flowers blossom and a hundred schools of thought contend' (or
something like that)

Best wishes

Mark Priestley
Centre for Disability Studies