Hi there all0 its been ages since I have contributed and I haven t kept up
on all the discussion but I hope this is helpful. When I did a research
report for a Independent Living Fellowship I compiled international
definitions of IL for World Institute on Disability and Rehabilitation
International. A version (not my original) of this paper was presented at
the International I L meeting and is on the ILRU  website.
I think I have my original on floppy somewhere in my shelves but this
would give you a start anyway-  good luck!
http://www.ilru.org/summit/23-definitions.htm

On Tue, 2 Jul 2002, Harvey Cowe wrote:

> I'm attempting to compile a list of definitions of independent living,
> from service providers and organisations of disabled people.  Anyone have
> any pointers or like to have a go at defining it themselves.
>
> Any help appreciated,
>
> Harvey

> Archives and tools for the Disability-Research Discussion List
> are now located at:
>
> www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/disability-research.html
>
> You can JOIN or LEAVE the list from this web page.

are now located at: