the UNISIST newsletter (from UNESCO information society division) 29.2
has just arrived, though dated 2001.. and the lead article is on
consultation on information literacy for the SWIS in Dec 2003.

This seems to me the area where we possibly have the most to
contribute.  I have been asked to a meeting on the general UNESCO
strategy paper on 13th Aug., thereafter I might have a better idea of
how all the bits fit together, but I might still be of the opinion
that IL is where we have the most to contribute.

Given that about once a year we try to have a fairly big do, so there
is something to report.. I'm inclined to think that a meeting, perhaps
preceeded by a working party, to draft a submission to the
consultation, in conjunction with the information for development
forum is the thing to go for this year..

If anyone is enthusiastic, has ideas and wants to participate, then
please let me know.. my guess is we'll plan for early december, which
then gives a year before the summit to argue for anything in
particular that we see the need for?