After a period of consultation some changes can be imposed on existing contract holders if they are in the interests of the service and are "reasonable". This might have to be tested in court as to what was reasonable but one could argue that given the agreement of the CCSC negotiators to this contract it must be reasonable!

More to the point there is absolutely nothing to stop the DoH imposing a new contract on new employees.
Meanwhile they gradually devalue the existing contract over the next few years (by the usual methodolgy involving Independent Review Bodies, Honors and Knighthoods) and thereby persuade the rest of us that we have no real choice but to move accross.

So they can do it but actually I dont think they will

see  http://www.hospital-doctor.cc/  front page.

Andrew