Hello

I am looking for information on how productivity of Physical Therapists is measured in acute care, inpatient settings. For reasons of comparison, ours is a 900 bed acute care facility and most inpatient P.T. is provided at the bedside. The practice environment is ICU to General Practice Units.
I am specifically interested in finding out if any acute care P.T. departments make any specific accommodations for P.T.'s practicing in ICU where the patient care issues are complex and time consuming.

Generally, is the measure of productivity measured in billable units of time or the number of pt. visits per day or any other ways?

Also has any one tried creative ways of staffing ( personnel/hours) that seems to work best.

Thanks in advance for any responses.

Nazir Ahmed P.T.
MI, USA.