Hello Nazir,

What are the statistics you collect on a daily basis. By running reports
off these you should get a clear picture of who is doing what. We collect
patient related info every day. (name, severity, diagnosis, #visits, units
spent on assessment, treatment or consultation, stakeholders involved and
the mode of contact (face to face, phone etc) We also record location of
the treatment (e.g. which ward, unit etc). Further a whole slew of non
patients data (general admin, education, supervision,stats, travel etc).

I can run reports looking at specific therapists caseload, productivity. Or
general trends like number of minutes per specific diagnosis or location of
treatment.)

Productivity is very relative :)
Obviously someone involved in high needs clients will see less clients (or
visits ) in a day. And your stats should show this. What is more important
is variance. And this is what I look at. Why does someone in a similar
position (similar clients etc) seeing only half the clients etc.

Productivity is not always the number of people you see. Everyone has
teabreaks, peebreaks, walking from room to room etc. A general rule of 80 %
accounted time for patient care for a clinical therapist is what I use.
Then there are guidelines (set by the colleague, derived from history
(stats) and collaboration with staff) for IP/ OP peds etc., but I do not
look at that a lot unless there are real problems with someone.

Units are not used for billing yet! (this is Canada :))

Hope this helps

Maarten (supervisor PT)
Canada