Dear Sirs,
We work in a local office coordinating the public libraries of the province of Treviso (Italy). In particular, we are working on a new complete OPAC that you can see on our web site (http://www.bibliotechetrevigiane.it).
To best coordinate our libraries (more than 90) we are thinking of uniforming also the library software they are using. Our situation now provides about 10 different softwares used.
I am looking for information about what other countries have done in similar situations.
I was not able to find any information about United Kingdom. In particular, I am looking for:
- information about public libraries in UK (i.e. total numer of them, policies, if possible policies on-line);
- name of most common software used in english public libraries.
I spoke with the CILIP office, and they kindly sent me a list of Suppliers of library management systems, but for my research I need to know also which of them are widespread.
Also, It would be great if You can tell me where to find this information or who I have to contact.
Sorry if my english is not very good ;-)
Hope You can help me. Thank You so much.
Waiting for Your kind answer,
Best Regards.

dott.ssa Giovanna Frigimelica

Provincia di Treviso