We in Aberdeenshire are testing thin clients accessing a Citrix server to
provide a solution for approximately half of our allocation of internet
access points.   We intend to maintain some multi media PCs on the new
network also accessing Citrix for internet, MS Office etc but also to run
CD-Roms, scanners etc locally.  At this time we do not have the funds to
provide networked CD Roms throughout,  but might have to consider local
networking to provide learning materials within main learning centres.

1. I would be interested to know if other authorities are using thin
clients.   If so, have you added floppy disc drives?
2. Those not networking CD Roms - how are you providing access to learning
materials not on the internet?

If there is interest I would be happy to gather responses and circulate to
others.

Anne Harrison
Central Support Services Manager
Aberdeenshire Library & Information Service
Phone: (01651) 871210

This e-mail was sent by Aberdeenshire Council.
Telephone: 0845 6067000
e-mail: [log in to unmask]
Web Site: www.aberdeenshire.gov.uk
This email and any files transmitted with it are intended solely for
the use of the addressee. If you have received this email in error
please let us know.