0100,0100,0100Dear all: As part of some model answers I am writing for a masters course, the following question has come up: Where would the results of an audit sit in the "hierarchy of evidence"? 0100,0100,0100My own feeling is that most audits fall into the category of quasi- scientific studies, with prospective audits, where the staff set out to collect specific focussed data having more validity than retrospective projects, which hope they can extract adequate data from records collected for quite different purposes. Maybe a prospective audit would have the standing of say a cohort study; a retrospective audit that of a case-control study. Times New Roman ArialAny ideas? Rgds Alan Alan O'Rourke Lecturer Wisdom Centre for Network Learning http://wisdomnet.co.uk/index.html Institute of General Practice Community Sciences Centre Northern General Hospital Sheffield S5 7AU Tel: 0114 271 5095 E-mail: [log in to unmask]