Hi

Just a note to say that I have made a few changes to the search facilities
on our web site to assist accessibility. Briefly...

1. We have switched to an engine provided by Google, which offers us less
control over spidering priorities than SiteLevel but eliminates the annoying
sponsor listings. The functionality is very good and offers all the familiar
syntax features of Google.com

2. I have added a new search engine on the Archive entry page (this searches
ONLY documents in the Archive and not the rest of the CDS site). The real
advantage here is that the search results now offer direct access to an HTML
version of any PDF document in one click (rather than my interim solution of
skipping back to the entry page and pasting the link into a form).

3. The only real disadvantages are: (a) I don't have control over all of the
font sizes (some of which are rather small), and (b) initial search results
list only the first two hits - it is necessary to make one more click to see
the whole list. Again, I don't have control over this.

The front page search is at:
http://www.leeds.ac.uk/disability-studies

The new Archive search is at:
http://www.leeds.ac.uk/disability-studies/archiveuk/index.html

So, comments and feedback would be welcome (off list).

Best Wishes

Mark Priestley
Centre for Disability Studies
University of Leeds