Sorry to drag the discussion away from the uses of the list but I have an
Internet query!!!!!!!

Remote software delivery v. locking down of PCs

We are trying to lock down our PCs to prevent the public "messing" with the
set-up and are facing problems finding something that works that is
acceptable to our IT Department's requirements. They require remote access
to deliver software and anti-virus updates and so far our attempts to
install lock down software have resulted in them not being able to do this.
We are trying to use Deep Freeze - has anyone had experience of this? Is
anyone using lock down software with their machines and have you faced any
problems? Our machines are Windows 2000 with Office 2000 software.

I am optimistic that I will receive as many responses as there have been on
the purpose of lis-pub-libs!!!!!

Dawn Vallance
Information Officer
East Ayrshire Library, Registration & Information Services
Tel: 01563 554323 Fax:01563 554311

The information transmitted is intended only
for the person to whom it is addressed and may
contain confidential and/or privileged material.
If you have received this email in error please
notify the Council - see
http://www.east-ayrshire.gov.uk or email
[log in to unmask] - and then
delete all copies of it from your systems.

Any use of, or any action relying upon, this
information by persons other than the intended
recipient is prohibited.

Although East Ayrshire Council scans incoming
and outgoing emails and email attachments for
viruses we cannot guarantee this communication
to be free of all viruses nor accept any
responsibility for viruses.

Although East Ayrshire Council monitors incoming
and outgoing emails for inappropriate content,
the Council cannot be held responsible for the
views or expressions of the author.

The views expressed may not necessarily be those
of East Ayrshire Council and the Council cannot
be held responsible for any loss or injury
resulting from the contents of this message.