From: "r.loxley" <[log in to unmask]>
To: <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Tuesday, May 21, 2002 8:48 AM
Subject: Interactive teaching

> I have ben told that I am going to be given the opportunity to trial an
> interactive whiteboard here next year.  I happen to be a fan of them and
am
> particularly looking forward to being able to drop audio and video into
> lessons as well as photos for academic stimulus.  However, assuming our IT
> dept. can get realplayer working past the firewall, does anybody have any
> experience of doing this?  I was wondering if anyone had any neat tricks
for
> saving audio/video clips from the internet which can then be dropped into
> powerpoint presentation.  I would like to avoid this morning's experience
of
> spending 15 minutes trying to download the 4x4 programme Geoff sent a link
> for only to find that it wouldn't launch becasue of the firewall (which I
> thought had been breached six months ago!).  Am I expecting too much of
IT?

> Any advice would be much appreciated.
>
> Roger Loxley
> Head of Economics and Politics
> Royal Grammr School
> Newcastle upon Tyne

> Standard Disclaimer:This message is confidential. You should not copy it
or disclose its contents to anyone. You may use and apply the information
only for the intended purpose. Internet communications are not secure and
therefore the Royal Grammar School Newcastle does not accept legal
responsibility for the contents of this message. Any views or opinions
presented are only those of the author and not those of the Royal Grammar
School Newcastle. If this email has come to you in error please delete it
and any attachments. Please note that the Royal Grammar School Newcastle may
intercept incoming and outgoing e-mail communications.