Thanks, Johnson.  I appreciate your perspective and am sure you have gotten hate mail, as you say.  So have I.

However, the term "hate" has so much baggage attached to it these days that I believe it is a good idea to be sure to apply it only when it is deserved.  Disagreements are not always "civil" and can be loud and strident.  That is not hate speech, though, it is passion, at least in my view.

TL

Timothy Lillie, PhD
Dept. of Curricular & Instructional Studies
The University of Akron
Akron OH 44325-4205

are now located at: