Since this article is a direct and frank discussion of the relevance of critical geography today, I think it is worthy of debate. If you can’t get it, maybe contact Noel?

Castree N. 2002 Border Geography. Area. 34 1 103-108

For the record, I agree with many of the points. But the claim that doing research & teaching, as well as being interventionist outside academia is well nigh impossible in the current structure of higher education (p106) is not borne out by my knowledge of individual careers.  And is teaching really a prime, but neglected outlet for critical geographical ideas?

Dr Simon Batterbury
Assistant Professor
Department of Geography and Regional Development
The University of Arizona
409 Harvill Building, Box #2
Tucson, AZ  85721-0076, USA
Phone:  (520) 626-8054