~~~~~~~ BRITISH HCI GROUP NEWS SERVICE ~~~~~~~~~~~
~~         http://www.bcs-hci.org.uk/           ~~
~~ All news to: [log in to unmask]  ~~
~~ NOTE: Please reply to article's originator,  ~~
~~ not the News Service                         ~~

>                         Second Call for Papers
>
>           2002 International Workshop on Multimedia Distance
>             Education Systems and Technologies (MDEST2002)
>
>                          in conjunction with
>
>           The Eighth International Conference on Distributed
>                      Multimedia Systems (DMS2002)
>
>                      San Francisco, California, USA
>                         September 26 - 28, 2002
>
> THEME AND SCOPE
>
>     The Internet and multimedia technologies could provide new
>     opportunities and great potentials for education. In the recent
>     years, research works on distance education or the so-called
>     e-learning, which have been established with advanced
>     information and network technologies, have attracted more and
>     more attention. Multimedia distance education systems are highly
>     expected to be an innovative educational system for the 21st
>     century.
>
>     This workshop serves as an interdisciplinary forum for researchers
>     and practitioners from academia and industry to discuss and
>     exchange ideas and opinions on the research, development and
>     applications on all topics related to multimedia distance
>     education systems and technologies from various perspectives
>     and points of view.
>
>     Topics of interest include, but not limited to:
>         New distance education/learning models
>         Architectures and infrastructures
>         Distance instruction strategies
>         Assessment and evaluation methodologies
>         Intelligent tutoring
>         Collaborative work/learning support
>         Interactive learning support
>         Individualized learning support
>         XML and web-based support systems
>         Semantic web for distance learning
>         Virtual University
>         Online learning community
>         Distributed multimedia learning environments
>         Computer mediated communication
>         Human-computer interaction and human-media
>         interaction
>         Communication support in networked virtual environments
>         Multimedia user interface
>         Speech interface with VoiceXML
>         Interactive learning media
>         Educational contents design
>         Multimedia courseware development
>         Multimedia authoring tools
>         Educational multimedia information resources
>         Information sharing and knowledge management
>         Information design for distance education
>         Wireless learning web with WML
>         Handheld PDAs for mobile learning
>         Groupware tools
>         Software agents
>         E-learning and e-entertainment
>
>  PAPER SUBMISSION
>
>     MDEST2002 Workshop will be held in conjunction with the 8th
>     International Conference on Distributed Multimedia Systems
>     (DMS2002). Papers should be prepared according to the
>     DMS2002 requirements.
>
>     Papers must be written in English and submitted in electronic
>     form. Manuscript must include a 200-word abstract and no more
>     than 20 pages of double-spaced text (including figures and
>     references). Please send the manuscript in Postscript, PDF, or
> [...]
~~ To receive HCI news, send the message:       ~~
~~ "JOIN BCS-HCI your_firstname your_lastname"  ~~
~~ to [log in to unmask]                 ~~
~~ Newsarchives:                                ~~
~~ http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/bcs-hci.html ~~
~~ To join the British HCI Group, contact       ~~

This email (and any attachment) is private and confidential.  If you were
not meant to receive it, please delete it and tell us by phone or email.
Although we scan all email and attachments we do not accept responsibility
for viruses.