Bill
We have also just taken over responsibility for managing the admissions unit at the Northern General and Hallamshire Hospitlals in Sheffield. Some of have reservations since the day to day clinical management will be unchanged and how effectively we will be able to convince the physicians about issues relating to management of emergency admssions that have an impact on the ED remains to be seen. Fran Morris is our clinical lead at present - I am sure he will be delighted to talk about his thoughts on the sunject with you.
BTW, I remember a posting from you a couple of weeks ago about Emergency Care Leads - we are also taking this on believing it is better for us to be trying to set the pace rather than the GPs - Fran is also doing this (yes, I don't know where he'll have the time either!).
Sue Mason