Message text written by Accident and Emergency Academic List
>how many persons are using Aspirin in the management
of Decompression Sickness and Arterial Gas Embolism<

As far as I know the aspirin idea was based on the endothelial damage
caused by small vessel emboli in decompression illness and has not been
considered in arterial gas embolism which is more commonly due to pulmonary
barotrauma. When I did my Underwater Medicine course we were shown some
sections of spinal cord that showed marked microhaemorrhages into the
neural tissue, and this was used as the arguement against aspirin. I am due
to do an update course and no doubt will be shot down in flames by those
far wiser than I.

Vic Calland