As far as I am aware, nothing beats Winnicott's 'Playing and Reality' for theory Diana. For the most glorious, but entirely fictional, exploration of the topic, Bill Watterson's cartoons 'Calvin and Hobbes' are hard to beat. I use them with students all the time and always get development of understanding through them. They were  all published as syndicated strip cartoons (and may still be in the USA), but they were also published as books with the author's commentary, which helps.

Stephen Rennie, Leeds Metropolitan University