Mmmm... I didn't always agree with Mel, but I must say that his input often
inspired me.

Another person who I miss: Henry Tsao. Is he still on the list?

Another matter. This week I've been reading 3 dutch guidelines for
physiotherapy: osteoporosis, rehabilitation after acute myocard infarct and
aspecific low back pain. I must say that I haven't decided my point of view
regarding practice guidelines. Who determines what is quality when a
meta-analysis is done. IS RCT the reference regarding research quality and
what happens with treament modalities which are not evidence-based because
there is simply not enough research available? In short time I move back to
Holland and that's why I'm reading much now about the Dutch way of PT.
I red that if one wants his/her name in a special "quality registry of PT's"
in Holland, one has to work according these guidelines. Mmm... I've been
reading and practicing the guideline "acute ankle inversion trauma" and I
really don't agree with some of things written.
Don't understand me wrong: I think it's very good that guidelines are
available (uniformity in treatment, bla, bla), but I question the way these
guidelines are almost forced upon me.

What are your views upon this topic?

Isaac