>Can any tell me if DHTML and JavaScript are acceptable within
>a NOF project. I can't seem to find any mention of them with
>the guidelines.
>
>Thank you
>
>Tony Brindle

From the FAQ: (http://www.ukoln.ac.uk/nof/support/help/faqs.htm#DHTML)

<quote>
9. Can we use Javascript and DHTML on our NOF-digitise Web site?

The use of client-side scripting (including javascript and DHTML
techniques) is acceptable, however please take note of the following
points:

1) The site must still be accessible to browsers which are not
scriptable. Use <noscript>< tags and "sniffer" routines to determine the
client capabilities and provide content-equivalent pages to
non-scriptable browsers.

2) Thoroughly test your pages for functionality under a wide range of
browser / platform configurations.

</quote>

Seems fairly straightforward.

Good info on sniffer routines can be found here:

<http://www.webreference.com/tools/browser/links.html>

Note that  most client side routines use Javascript (sort of a catch-22
possibility) and this is the ultimate:

<http://www.mozilla.org/docs/web-developer/sniffer/browser_type.html>

Hope you find this useful.

Tony

--
If you're suffering from email overload, check out NEO:
http://www.caelo.com/a/rl.php3?i=3NTVV