Apologies for cross-posting.

I thought I had better bring list-members attention to a potentially nasty
e-mail/virus doing the rounds currently.

It arrives in your mailbox ostensibly as a security update from Microsoft,
with an attached file: q216309.exe and a (genuine) link to a page on
Microsoft's web-site. If you receive this e-mail do NOT run this programme
as it contains the virus: W32.Gibe@mm

For more information on the virus, please see the Symantec Anti-virus
Research Centre site on:

http:[log in to unmask]

They also provide a detection/removal tool on:

http:[log in to unmask]

What makes this virus nasty is that the page on Microsoft's page that it
points you to is a technical article about a real Microsoft download that
will prevent some viral attacks.

Should you wish to download this Microsoft's fix, please use:

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/downloads/critical/q319182/default.asp

Regards

Chris Meaney (AIMC)
Managing Director

Harvard Consultancy Services Ltd, Bexin House, 2/3 St. Andrews Place
Southover Road, Lewes, East Sussex, BN7 1UP
Tel: 01273 897517, Fax: 01273 471929, E-Mail: [log in to unmask]

Registered in England & Wales no. 3766540
Registered Office: 50 Harvard Close, Malling, Lewes, East Sussex, BN7 2EJ.