At the Digital Shikshapatri project we are interested in making contact
with any other digitisation projects working with languages in non-roman
scripts e.g. Gujarati, Urdu, Chinese, Japanese to share information about
Unicode fonts (other than MS Ariel Unicode, which has a file size to large
to be a practical option on many computers), keyboard mapping solutions and
text search facilities.

Talking with case officers at last Friday's Consrtium Leaders meeting
suggested that a number of projects may be grappling with these complex
issues. As there seem to be no easy answers, we might benefit from keeping
in touch with each other and sharing information,

Dr. Gillian Evison
(Digital Shikshapatri)

The Indian Institute Library
A department of the Bodleian Library