Having examined all the documents concerning Saint-Marie-d'Argenteuil from
the Merovingian period up to the middle of the 12th century and having seen
some additional sources in Argenteuil itself (Musée du Vieil Argenteuil) I'm
not sure that there were defined or specific educational curricula, which
exceeded the general Benedictine tradition, re-established there in about
1000 (second foundation of the convent by Adelaidis, the mother of king
Robert the Pious). Apart from Heloise, who may have produced a poem there
(titel of the funeral roll of Vitalis of Savigny, rhymed in excellent
Catonic distichs), I only know a single source that there was an educational
tradition at all: This is an epitaph of the chapel Saint-John (11c.) talking
about a deacon Addalaldus who taught music at Argenteuil in the early 11th
century. Perhaps you may find some other hints from contemporary texts
within my Abelardian website (all pages in German, original texts in Latin):

Click on:
http://www.abaelard.de
or:
http://www.030031vertreibung.htm
http://www.060019metellus.htm
http://www.060020rotel.htm
http://www.030032heloisa.htm

I hope this helps.

Kind regards

Werner Robl

PS: Are you interested in the complete Latin text about Addalaldus? Contact
me!

> Is anyone familiar with information concerning the educational curricula
> which might have been in effect at Argenteuil in the early 12th C.  I am
> trying to discover the foundation of Heloise's education.

to: [log in to unmask]
to: [log in to unmask]