Dear colleagues

we are working in Aberdeen on a health research project addressing the
questions:

what decisions do women (couples) after a Caesarean Section (CS) in terms of
future children; Or does a CS mean that a women is likely to have further
children compared to someone in similar socio-economic conditions but with a
normal delivery?

We soon found we had to address the question of one-child families.
Unfortunately, a literature search gives us predominantly material on China.
We would like to hear from or about anybody involved in research in on-child
families in industrialised countries?

On behalf of my colleague Maureen Porter and I, thank you very much in
advance for any information/comments/thoughts.

Edwin

Dr. Edwin R. van Teijlingen
Co-ordinator M.Sc. Health Services & Public Health Research
Department of Public Health & Dugald Baird Centre for Research on Women's
Health
Medical School
Aberdeen    AB25 2ZD
Scotland, UK

tel.: +44-(0)-1224-552491
fax.  +44-(0)-1224-662994
email: [log in to unmask]

UNIVERSITY OPEN DAY 27 AUGUST 2002 http://www.abdn.ac.uk/openday

For further info. on  Midwifery and the Medicalization of Childbirth:
Comparative Perspectives published by NOVA (2000) see:
http://www.nexusworld.com/detailed_search.asp?id=1-56072-680%206