From: Tom Beattie <[log in to unmask]>
To: <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Tuesday, April 16, 2002 9:46 PM
Subject: Re: Swallowed FB was: Being over-riden by radiographers

Yes. On 2 occasions over 15 years I have seen £1 coin lodged in stomach.
On each occasion endoscopy failed to dislodge and facilitate removal.
Coin almost through to peritoneum requiring surgical excision and repair
of damaged stomach wall on each occasion. Never with lesser value coin
though!.
Tom Beattie