Dear Alex

We would always counsel keeping the two separate. Our experience matches
your own in that it is rare to find one supplier that does both well.

The compatibility issue shouldn't really figure as any CMS worth its salt
should allow design templates to be used which are independent of the system
(this allows you the flexibility to change the template without affecting
the system).

Finally, many designers have a "house-style" and there is a risk that by
going with the CMS system's designer, you could end up with something that
looks like all their other customer's sites. Better to shop around and pick
the design style that suits you and your project best.

Regards

Chris Meaney (AIMC)
Managing Director

Harvard Consultancy Services Ltd, Bexin House, 2/3 St. Andrews Place
Southover Road, Lewes, East Sussex, BN7 1UP
Tel: 01273 897517, Fax: 01273 471929, E-Mail: [log in to unmask]

Registered in England & Wales no. 3766540
Registered Office: 50 Harvard Close, Malling, Lewes, East Sussex, BN7 2EJ.