CILIP WORKSHOP: GIVING & RECEIVING FEEDBACK, 1 MAY, LONDON

The aim of this workshop is to develop confidence and skills when using
feedback, in particular in the context of performance appraisal, staff
development interviews, coaching and similar situations.

The day will be highly participative and will draw upon participants'
experiences. There will be opportunities to learn from exercises,
discussion, theory input, case studies and video working in the whole group,
small groups or pairs.

BY THE END OF THE EVENT PARTICIPANTS WILL HAVE:
* considered what is meant by feedback and in which circumstances it is used
* reviewed their attitudes to giving and receiving feedback
* explored techniques for giving and receiving feedback effectively
* looked at how to apply these techniques in work situations

WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
Anyone whose work entails appraising the work of others and providing
feedback to them, or who feels they could be getting more out of the
feedback they receive.

WORKSHOP LEADER
June Whetherly, Develop People>>Develop Services
June is a consultant focusing on organisational, group and individual
development. She was previously a senior library manager and is particularly
interested in facilitating learning leading to change.

PROGRAMME:

9.00              Registration and coffee

9.30              Welcome and introduction
                        Workshop objectives and agreeing a learning contract

10.10           What is feedback
                  When do we use feedback?

10.50           Coffee

11.05             Examining our experiences of giving and receiving feedback

11.45             Identifying the features and techniques of effective
feedback

1.00            Lunch

2.00            Case studies - applying good practice by working out what to
say and
                        how to say it

3.15            Tea

3.30              Application of techniques to current work situations

4.30            Taking stock

5.00            Close

PLACES ARE LIMITED TO: 16

FEES:
Personal members: £150 plus VAT (£26.25) £176.25
Institutional members: £181 plus VAT (£31.67) £212.67
Non members: £210 plus VAT (£36.75) £246.75
Student/Unwaged members: £25 plus VAT (£4.37) £29.37

HOW TO BOOK:

TO MAKE A CONFIRMED BOOKING:
Please print out and complete the booking form below and return it by fax to
the Training & Development Department on 020 7255 0561, or post to: 7
Ridgmount Street, London WC1E 7AE

TO PROVISIONALLY BOOK A PLACE:
To make a provisional booking simply telephone us on 020 7255 0560,
textphone 020 7255 0505, email [log in to unmask], or visit our web pages
at www.cilip.org.uk/training

(Provisional bookings will be held for three weeks. A confirmed booking must
be received within this period or your place may be lost.)

BOOKING FORM:

I would like to book a confirmed place on GIVING & RECEIVING FEEDBACK, 1
MAY, LONDON

Surname: ____________________________________

First name: __________________________________

Job title: ____________________________________

Address: ____________________________________

Town:________________  Postcode:______________

Tel___________________ Fax: __________________

Email: ______________________________________

Are you a CILIP member?                 YES __     NO __

Personal* __ Institutional __ Student __ Unwaged __

*N.B. If you are a Personal Member, but your employer is paying, they will
still be charged at Personal Member rate.

CILIP membership no:  __________________________

Dietary/special requirements (sensory or physical)

PAYMENT OF FEE:

Option 1: __                Please send an invoice
(your payment will be due within 30 days of the invoice date).

Please give invoice name and address if different from above:

Option 2: __                I enclose a cheque (payable to CILIP) for
£_______________

Please tick here if you require a receipt: __

Option 3: __                Please debit £_________   to my credit card

Credit card details:

Name of cardholder:_______________________

Card no: __________________________________

Expiry date: _________________________________

Signature: ___________________________________

PLEASE NOTE: cancellations received on the day will incur the full fee. If a
cancellation is received in the seven working days prior to the event, 50%
of the fee will be due.

PLEASE RETURN BOOKING FORM TO:
Training & Development, CILIP Enterprises, CILIP, 7 Ridgmount Street,
London, WC1E 7AE, or fax back to 020 7255 0561.

CILIP keeps any personal information you supply for the purpose for which
you have provided it.  It is not passed to other organisations unless this
is made explicit when you supply it or if we are legally required to do so.
However the Association may from time to time wish to send you information
about other services or products it provides.

CILIP, The Chartered Institute of Library & Information Professionals

Registered Charity no. 313014

Message sent by:

Iona Khan
Events Assistant, Training & Development
CILIP
7 Ridgmount Street
London
WC1E 7AE

Telephone: 020 7255 0560
Fax: 020 7255 0561
Email: [log in to unmask]

Visit our website at: www.cilip.org.uk

From 1st April 2002 The Library Association will unify with the Institute of
Information Scientists to form CILIP : the Chartered Institute of Library
and Information Professionals