Hello
Does any library authority have their own online conference site or
discussion groups just for staff use?
I'm working on a project as part of a NOF Advanced Roles training course
looking at a proposal to set one up for library staff in Nottinghamshire.
As part of the NOF advanced training we've been required to participate in
online discussions on a range of "issues" and everyone has found it really
interesting and useful.  We're thinking of the discussion groups covering
things like tips for internet/computer use, sharing good practice in terms
of promotions/displays, discussing professional issues, etc etc.
It would be useful to hear from anyone who does have something like this
already set up - how does the moderating/management work? How did you get
the conference set up in the first place? (EG, how were Management persuaded
it was a good idea?) How well used is it, and do all levels of staff have
access/use it?
Many thanks in advance for any information you can provide.
Sandra Matchett
Librarian, Nottinghamshire County Council