As a prelude to Best Value, Trafford Libraries are conducting a Library Review which consists of small groups of people at all levels discussing various topics. I am leading on the staff development group and we were wondering if any other authorities operate any sort of staff incentive or reward scheme (cheap ones!). The only formal thing we do currently is an annual Recognition of Achievement event held in a local hotel with a buffet lunch, but this tends to be for the gaining of qualifications, eg ECDL, NVQs etc. We are aware of the issues surrounding picking people out as this can so easily be classed as favouritism, but apart from the suggestion of a holiday home in Greece, does anybody have any other ideas?

Gill Fitzpatrick, Senior Librarian
Trafford Libraries