        Dear all

        We have revised our training courses for 2002. Details of courses
with schedules and prices can be found on our web site, under Downloads -
HBSMR.
        This link should take you there:
        http://www.esdm.co.uk/listdownloads.asp?Category=HBSMR

        Our aims:
        - to provide appropriate training to new HBSMR operators and
administrators to get them started quickly
        - to provide a range of focussed courses for existing users to
continually raise skill levels
        - to provide a progression of certificated training levels for
Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
        - to give a schedule of courses well in advance to allow SMR
managers to plan their training programmes and budgets
        - to continue to provide flexible training/consultancy for specific
purposes if required
        - to seek endorsement of all of our courses by the Archaeology
Training Forum
        - to ensure that courses are affordable (prices have been kept at
2001 levels)
        - to seek feedback about our courses so we can continue to develop
them in line with user requirements

        To help us organise and run these courses we have also updated our
booking procedures - there is now a booking form to complete. This should
help us gauge demand in advance, so we can fill empty places or lay on
additional courses if required.

        We hope HBSMR users and managers will take this opportunity to
review their training requirements against the new courses we are offering.
These new courses will only succeed and develop if they are well attended,
so we look forward to hearing from you!

        Best wishes
        Crispin, Sarah and Tony

Crispin Flower