On a Staffordshire course a year or so ago we were advised to never identify
a student by name, avoid clear shots of full face and closeups, groups shots
should be distant enough to leave the faces out of focus.

I can appreciate the idea of never publishing without parental consent, it
seems logical and secure.

In practise this means you have a problem when one of a group refuse to give
consent. Or do you ask for a blanket consent? In which case is it really
worthwhile?

It all sounds much too involved and very impractical. Much better to not
print clear or identified pictures.

In any case surely the copywrite of the picture belongs with the person who
takes it not with the person whose picture is taken .. isn't this why some
"pop stars" try to copywrite thier image (I think the Presley estate holds
the copywrite to Elvis's image).

Pupils working and taking part in school activities surely ought to be an
important part of a school web page.

Julie