To Everyone

"The truth behind the White Coat; MMR and other vaccines"

The article below appeared in my local paper. Anyone who is interested can
the please forward this article with links to other interested individuals
and organisations.

Regards

Colin R

DAD'S MMR MESSAGE

Hull Daily Mail

09:20 - 29 March 2002

A campaigning father today warned about the potential harmful side-effects
of the MMR vaccine.

Father-of-three Patrick Holdsworth has surveyed about 100 parents in the
past year following concerns over the "three-in-one" injection to protect
youngsters against measles, mumps and rubella.

He claims four times as many children who received MMR suffered with asthma
and epilepsy.

Mr Holdsworth, of Albert Avenue, west Hull, said twice as many were also
prone to skin complaints such as eczema.

He published his results after Wednesday's Mail revealed a huge upsurge in
the number of measles cases locally, sparking fears of an epidemic.

It emerged there have already been 32 cases in Hull and the East Riding in
the first three months of the year compared with 46 throughout the whole of
2001.

So far, only 88 per cent of children have had the MMR jab - a figure close
to the "epidemic threshold" of 85 per cent.

Mr Holdsworth, a development worker, first started investigating vaccines
following the birth of his first child Abigail 15 years ago. He has two
other daughters - Penny, 13, and Annie, six.

The 38-year-old has refused to have his children injected with the MMR jab,
which was first introduced in 1988.

He said: "Abi is now 15 and that is how long I have been interested in the
vaccine issue.

"Despite pressure from the health visitor we decided not to have her
vaccinated.

"The more I find out about vaccines and the companies that manufacture and
promote them, the happier I am with the choice we made."

Mr Holdsworth says his aim is not to persuade other parents to follow in his
actions.

He wants them to think more carefully about the vaccinations before making a
decision.

He has set up a website - www.vaccinfo.learndirect.net.

"The reason I oppose vaccination is because it does not protect against
disease, but in fact causes it," said Mr Holdsworth.

"The pharmaceutical industry is a business like any other and people need to
realise the manufacturers have a product to sell.

"Parents have to make up their own mind and only make a decision when they
feel comfortable."

A spokesperson for the Hull and East Riding Health Authority said: "The
trust remains confident parents support the MMR vaccine because 88 out of
100 parents are still choosing to have it for their children.

"As far as we are concerned, it is the best option."

are now located at: