Hello

I am not sure about the "diagnostics" but I do know that the National Survey
on the Mental Health of Australian Adults did include substance use (as
addiction) in the survey. Associated disability in regard to mental health
status was then determined by a mini survey which looked at days out of
usual roles, that is, the inability to perform the usual roles for instance,
days in which they couldn't work. Only some people with any of the mental
health conditions experienced any significant "days out of role" and thus
were not defined as having an associated disability.

**PLEASE NOTE NEW EMAIL ADDRESS**

Best regards

Laurence Bathurst
School of Occupation and Leisure Sciences
Faculty of Health Sciences
University of Sydney

PO Box 170
Lidcombe NSW 1825