  Andy Powell writes

> I'm not really sure... but my feeling is that 'simple DC' means simple
> literal string values and *nothing* else.

  I share that view. If you want to have simple DC as a basic
  interoperabilty format, you need to restrict it to the very
  basics. Otherwise, anybody is going to stuff in whatever
  structured construct they want as values of , and you end up with no
  interoperability.

> I think we now have a good understanding of qualified DC in terms of
> element refinement and encoding schemes.

  By "we" you probably mean the geeks on this list. It is not sure
  that this understanding goes much beyond it.

  Cheers,

  Thomas Krichel                              mailto:[log in to unmask]
                                         http://openlib.org/home/krichel
                                     RePEc:per:1965-06-05:thomas_krichel