I am not so sure that this should be a private chat. I was a it suprised that
an A/E department was holding up the 999 service. I would like to hear more.
What is WEST?

JP

>>> A S Lockey 03/07/02 09:33am >>>
Maybe this INDIVIDUAL discussion should be conducted away from a GENERAL
discussion arena? Matt - I suggest you go and talk to Steve directly with
regards to your concerns. This would be far more appropriate than airing
them for all to "hear".

-----Original Message-----
From: Accident and Emergency Academic List
[mailto:[log in to unmask]]On Behalf Of matt baskerville
Sent: 07 March 2002 07:11
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: trolley waits

Steve,
           I appriciate what you are saying about the fact that things are
getting better at RUH but the fact of the matter that delays at RUH and
patients been kept waiting on the ambulance trolleys in the a/e department
NOT on the back of the ambulances as the locum from sussex said  ties up the
ambulance at RUH therefore reducing the number of ambulances avalable in
wiltshire and seeing that there is only one ambulance say in chippenham at
night and that is at RUH waiting to unloaded and the nearest ambulance is in
swindon 25 mins down the M4 doesnt help the person having a MI in
chippenham.
Hospitals such as PMH SDH do not overfill that i am aware of to avoid
delaying ambulances. RUH coveres a wide catchment area and has alot of
patients to deal with i just think that even waiting for a hour on a
ambulance trolley from the patients point of view is unaceptable.
Dont want to sound like im moaning but patient care seems to getting
forgotten in light of all these goverment response times,waiting times etc
etc
Matt