Hi Robin
I want? Thanks for the credit but it is misplaced.
Projects like Red River in the US have grown up from a need of the community
which wasn't being addressed by traditional resources.
As far as the things we are doing in the UK is concerned  - we are actually
identifying the most appropriate care for the patient and this is often a
referral to nurses and doctors - in the community.
If anything we are identifying the tremendous and under-used resource which
nurses and doctors can give and embracing these people.
I have no wish (and I am sure I speak for many paramedics) when I say I have
no wish to be a doctor or a paramedic.
Mike Bjarkoy