I think that before we go any further it is necessary to define these schemes.
there are expanded scope paramedic programmes such as the one in Red River County where paramedics go to calls such as incisions, inspect, debride, suture and call back at a later date to take the stitches out. They also do fractures via telemedicine facility.
Then there are those paramedics who may administer such drugs as adenosine for SVT and once satisfied they leave the patient at home.
Then there are others who may give glucagon and leave at home
and the basic form of treat and release is one of advise and referral to other agencies.

Where it begins and ends I really cannot say. I think it is probably more important that it does exist and the content is incidental. As long as A&E (ER) visits are reduced AND the patient receives appropriate care seems to me to be the important factor here and not laid down protocols or extent of invasive care.

Mike Bjarkoy