I have no interest in prehospital care other than that
I occasionally get asked to attend as leader of a team
from the local ED.
Reading the discourse on this flying squad issue,
I am wondering who is in overall control in a
situation when a team is called?  the scene officer,
usually a senior ambulance officer......? if there is
a disagreement, such as the one Ray painted, who
ultimately makes the decision and carries the can?

I have found that attending crashes is rarely useful
to the patient but thought that the one thing I could
offer is the right triage decision. A disagreement is
fine, we can discuss the options, but ultimately who
is the one who has the final say?
I would be alarmed if I could be called to the scene
(reducing the cover in the department), only for my
opinion on the safest triage decision to be overruled.
Either I am useful or not. Which is it? I came because
I was called. Are the site officers then simply
calling us in to prevent criticism for not doing so?

If you wish to respond,keep it general, please. Again
I see local arguments on the list, which never paint
anyone in a good light
Steve Meek